- Co-founder and Principal
- Board of directors – member
Jaswinder (Jas) Sekhon
Jas is passionate about local clients as and is a “Sydneyite” having grown-up and been educated in Sydney.
Jas makes communicating even the most complex legal technicalities a simpler matter and ensures that all our clients receive outstanding legal expertise for their particular issues or concerns.
He advises as general counsel to Sekhon McConvill & Associates, in Australia, dealing with a broad range of family law and commercial legal work issues in Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania and Western Australia. Jaswinder has published many leading books as well as editing numerous international practitioner publications, relating to domestic and international tax, and he has lectured and taught thousands of students at various leading universities in Sydney. He is also a sought after international public speaker on law and law reform.
Jas graduated with a Masters in Law from the University of Sydney. He also has undergraduate degrees in Law and Jurisprudence (with an Accounting and Financial Management major) from the University of New South Wales. He is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has served on various STEP-related management committees.
Inspiration and aspiration: Rum based cocktails, champagne, cuban cigars, the psychology of politics, documentaries and outdoor activities! Cats, dogs and under-dogs. Sleep.
- International taxation law and private clients matters;
- Project, structured and asset finance;
- International tax, trusts, litigation and estates;
- Media, films, IP, aircraft, biotech & innovation, startups;
- Private/public/listed investment funds.
- International financial centres, and economic/free zones.
Called to the bar in:
- Australia (N.S.W.)
- England & Wales
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (B.V.I.)
- U.A.E. (legal consultant)
- Courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) – Wills & Probate Practitioner